Former Nurses' Quarters
11 Mandalay Road
Get Directions

The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine at 11 Mandalay Road occupies the former nurses’ quarters of Tan Tock Seng Hospital. This neoclassical building opened in 1925  and originally housed medical students from the Straits Settlements (Singapore, Melaka and Penang). It later housed the hospital’s nurses from 1957-95 and was then used as an administrative office until 1999.  The building later underwent restoration works to become the headquarters of the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, a joint medical school established by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and Imperial College London. It admitted its first students in 2013 and was also conferred conservation status in the same year.