Ah Seah Teochew Porridge is a family-run business that has been serving Teochew porridge, a well-loved staple in the Teochew enclave of Hougang, since the 1960s. The founder set up his first stall in the former Lim Tua Tow market in 1964. Over the years, the business relocated several times before settling in its current premise at Teck Chye Terrace. Today, the second generation of the family has taken over the business.
From National Monuments to memories of diverse communities who call Hougang home, these three thematic trails are designed to bring you on a journey of discovery. Explore Hougang beyond its modern housing estates, trace its stories through its built heritage, and get to know how it transformed from kampongs into the suburb it is today.
Explore the Suggested Short Trail Routes:
- Landmarks of Hougang, 1 hour with public transport
- Architectural Gems, 1 hour 45 min with public transport
- Institutions of Service, 1 hour 30 min with public transport
Trail Booklet and Trail Maps
- Hougang Heritage Trail Booklet
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - English
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - Chinese
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - Malay
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - Tamil