This is a group photograph of the Ee Hoe Hean Club members. The club was founded in 1895. It was a club for Chinese businessmen to socialise, network and exchange ideas. Past members include Gan Eng Seng, Lim Boon Keng and Tan Jiak Kim. Originally located at 28 Duxton Hill, the club moved to 38 Club Street before settling in its current premises at Bukit Pasoh Road in the 1920s. Although the club today accepts women as associate members, it is essentially a male preserve.