From 1819 to 1822, the post office was located at the old Parliament House, with only three workers. The General Post Office building was eventually built near the mouth of the Singapore River in 1873 to handle the increasing volume of mail in Singapore. The Cavenagh Bridge was built sometime between 1868 and 1869 and was named after the last India-appointed Governor of the Straits Settlements, Sir William Orfeur Cavenagh. Battery Road was one of the first roads built in Singapore and takes its name from the Battery Point of Fort Fullerton. The road was completed sometime in the 1820s. Chartered Bank’s first office was in Raffles Place before it moved to Battery Road in 1895. It moved further along Battery Road to its current location (corner of Bonham Street) in 1904.