Raffles Institution, Bras Basah Road

Originally known as the Singapore Institution, the all-boys secondary school which was founded in 1823, was renamed Raffles Institution in 1868 in honour of Sir Stamford Raffles. The school’s original site was on Bras Basah Road. The school relocated to Grange Road in 1973 and eventually to its current site in 1990. The original building was demolished to make way for Raffles City.