The photograph is part of an album which consists of photographs related to the activities of The Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes (R.A.O.B.) as well as the sights and scenes of Singapore and Malaysia.Originally built as a private mansion and completed between 1826 and 1827, the building became Singapore’s first courthouse. When the new Supreme Court was completed in 1939, the building was later turned into the Assembly House and in 1965, the Parliament House. Located at the front of the building is a bronze elephant statue, a gift from King Chulalongkorn of Siam (Thailand) when he visited Singapore in 1871. The Old Parliament House is now known as the Arts House.