Goodwood Park Hotel

The building that houses Goodwood Park Hotel at Scotts Road is formerly the Teutonia Club, which was built in 1900. The Club was known for its musical events and it often held activities to raise funds for charity. The outbreak of WWI in 1914 saw the closure of the Club after it was declared enemy property. It was converted into a hotel in 1929 after which it served as a residence for Japanese officers during WWII and was later used as a War Crimes Trial Court. The building resumed its hotel operations in 1947.