The Fullerton Building (on the right) was opened on 27 June 1928 and was named after Robert Fullerton, the first Governor of the Straits Settlements. One of its first tenants was the General Post Office. It is now a five-star hotel. The Deutsch Asiatische Bank was torn down after World War One and was replaced by the Hongkong and Shanghai Bank Building in 1925, while the original Hongkong and Shanghai Bank Building built on the adjacent site in 1892 was demolished. In 1975, it was demolished again to make way for the present HSBC Building.