Queen Elizabeth Walk was named after Queen Elizabeth II to commemorate her coronation and rise to the throne in 1953. The Fullerton Building was opened in 1928 and was named after Robert Fullerton, the first Governor of the Straits Settlements. One of its first tenants was the General Post Office. Today, it is a five-star hotel known as The Fullerton Hotel Singapore. This photograph was donated by Si Jing (pen name of Ng Soo Lui), a prolific female writer in the Chinese community who has written extensively on her childhood and life in Chinatown. Her husband, Huang Da Li, was an amateur photographer.