Neo Kian Guan Confectionery is a family business that has served Hougang’s residents for more than 70 years. Famed for its traditional Hokkien and Teochew pastries, the business was originally founded in the 1930s in Jalan Kayu. In 1949, the founders moved to Lim Tua Tow Road where they became popular among Hougang’s residents and temples. The shop moved to its current premises in 2008 and is now run by the family’s third generation.
From National Monuments to memories of diverse communities who call Hougang home, these three thematic trails are designed to bring you on a journey of discovery. Explore Hougang beyond its modern housing estates, trace its stories through its built heritage, and get to know how it transformed from kampongs into the suburb it is today.
Explore the Suggested Short Trail Routes:
- Landmarks of Hougang, 1 hour with public transport
- Architectural Gems, 1 hour 45 min with public transport
- Institutions of Service, 1 hour 30 min with public transport
Trail Booklet and Trail Maps
- Hougang Heritage Trail Booklet
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - English
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - Chinese
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - Malay
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - Tamil