The Changi Murals, located at Block 151 of Changi Camp (Martlesham Road), were symbols of the hope and faith of Prisoners-of-War (POW) interred in the camp during the Japanese Occupation (1942-1945). The five murals, depicting scenes from the Bible, were painted by a British bombardier, Stanley Warren, who was a POW. As paint was not readily available then, Warren improvised by using materials such as camouflage paint and chalk. The murals were restored by Warren in December 1963, July 1982 and May 1988.
Note: Although access to Changi Camp is restricted, visitors may view a replica of the murals inside the Changi Chapel and Museum.