This postcard shows an aerial view of the mouth of the Singapore River, the civic district on the north bank, and the outlying city area. The neoclassical structure situated on the south bank is the Fullerton Building, officially opened in 1928 by then Governor Sir Hugh Clifford and subsequently used to house government offices and the General Post Office. The two bridges near the river mouth are Cavenagh Bridge (bottom) and Anderson Bridge (top), erected in 1868 and 1910 respectively. The neoclassical structures on the north bank are the Empress Place Building (bottom) and the Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall (top) with its distinctive clocktower. The Old Supreme Court Building with its large dome and the historic City Hall are situated next to each other along the large open field known as the Padang. The towering skyscraper in the background is the 73-storey tower of the Raffles City office, shopping and hotel complex. Raffles City was officially opened in October 1986 and the tower was subsequently occupied by the Westin Stamford, which then became the tallest hotel in the world at the time.