Block 25 is part of the first generation of buildings built by the Housing & Development Board (HDB) during Hougang’s redevelopment in the 1980s. Certain blocks throughout the town were planned and painted with murals to add colour and interest to the buildings. There is a mural of the bright and sunny sky painted on the façade of Block 25, welcoming visitors to Hougang Town.
From National Monuments to memories of diverse communities who call Hougang home, these three thematic trails are designed to bring you on a journey of discovery. Explore Hougang beyond its modern housing estates, trace its stories through its built heritage, and get to know how it transformed from kampongs into the suburb it is today.
Explore the Suggested Short Trail Routes:
- Landmarks of Hougang, 1 hour with public transport
- Architectural Gems, 1 hour 45 min with public transport
- Institutions of Service, 1 hour 30 min with public transport
Trail Booklet and Trail Maps
- Hougang Heritage Trail Booklet
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - English
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - Chinese
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - Malay
- Hougang Heritage Trail Map - Tamil