Geylang Fire Station is the second oldest Fire Station built Singapore, after the Hill Street Fire Station. It was opened in 1929 and served the eastern part of Singapore. The Geylang Fire Station was later renamed Paya Lebar Fire Station and was in operation until 2002.
The fire station still stands distinctively in the same location today with its bright red doors at the junction of Sims Avenue and Paya Lebar Road. It is now a conserved building and leased out as a commercial & industrial office complex.