Lower Peirce Reservoir

Peirce Reservoir, located at the lower portion of Kallang Valley, was commissioned in 1912. It was originally known as the Kallang River Reservoir and was renamed Peirce Reservoir in 1922 after Robert Peirce, the Municipal Engineer from 1901 to 1916. The reservoir was again renamed Lower Pierce Reservoir in 1975 after the construction of the new Upper Peirce Reservoir. It was Singapore's second and largest impounding reservoir.