The Criminal District Police Court was built sometime between 1884 and 1885. It was later demolished in 1975 and replaced by Hong Lim Green. The Central Police Station was built in the 1880s. It was rebuilt several times before it was eventually demolished in the late 1970s. The Pidemco Centre was later built on the site in 1984. The original Sri Mariamman Temple, which was made out of wood and ‘attap’ (thatched palm leaves), was completed in 1827. This was later replaced by a brick building in 1843, and the entrance of the temple (seen in the photograph) was replaced with an intricately designed one sometime between 1932 and 1935. Sri Mariamman Temple is one of the oldest Hindu temples in Singapore. The Nagore Durgha, originally known as Shahul Hamid Durgha, was built between 1828 and 1830 by Southern Indian Muslims. South Bridge Road runs from the south of Thomson Bridge (now Elgin Bridge) and is an extension of North Bridge Road. The road was constructed using convict labour in 1833.