The Teutonia Club, a venue for the German community, was opened in 1900. The building was auctioned off to the Manasseh Brothers in 1918 and was turned into the Goodwood Park Hotel in April 1929. The hotel ceased operations during the Japanese Occupation. After the war, the site was used by the War Crimes Court to try Japanese military personnel for war crimes. The hotel was eventually sold to the Malayan Banking Group in 1963 and then to tycoon Khoo Teck Puat in 1968. The tower block of the hotel was gazetted as a national monument in 1989.