The facade of Adelphi Hotel

Originally established in 1863 in Raffles Place, the Adelphi Hotel later moved to High Street and finally to the building shown in the postcard at the corner of North Bridge Road. It was constructed by Sarkies, Johannes & Co. In 1973, the hotel closed down after 110 years of service. It was demolished in 1980 and was replaced by the Adelphi Complex.

Date/Period
c. 1910
Region
Singapore
Dimension
Image size: 8.7 x 13.7 cm
Accession No.
1999-02457
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Postcards