The Leong San See (meaning ‘Dragon Mountain Gate’) Temple is a Buddhist temple situated along Race Course Road in the Little India area. The temple was established as Leong San Lodge in 1913 by Reverend Chun Wu in memory of the original Leong San Temple in the An Ping District of Fujian Province, China, and dedicated to Guanyin, the Goddess of Mercy. New buildings were added to the lodge in 1926 with renovation works carried out in 1930, 1962 and 1970. The architectural style of the temple was modelled after that of a Chinese-style palace, with dragons and a blazing pearl adorning the roof. In 1925, the temple’s then abbot, Venerable Sek Kong Hiap (1901-1994), set up the Leong San School (later renamed the Mee Toh School, meaning ‘School of Eternal Brightness’) near the temple.