The Fullerton Building on the waterfront

Sitting on the site where Fort Fullerton once guarded the mouth of the Singapore River, the Fullerton Building housed the General Post Office and other government offices during the early half of the 20th century, before the outbreak of WWII. The building job had been awarded to Perry & Co. Overseas Ltd, London, in 1924. The Fullerton Building, which features neo-classical architectural style, was officially opened by then Governor, Sir Hugh Clifford, in 1928.