The General Post Office Building

Built in 1874, the General Post Office Building was situated at Fullerton Square next to the Exchange Building. Both structures were demolished sometime between 1923 and 1924 to make way for the construction of the Fullerton Building. Opened in 1928, the new building housed various government offices, including the General Post Office.

Date/Period
Late 19th-early 20th century
Dimension
Image size: L13.9 cm x W9.1 cm
Accession No.
1999-02561
Collection of
National Museum of Singapore
Category
Postcards